12.11.2004

Winter Meetings Fun

So, it doesn't look like the Mets are going to make any real noise at these meetings, especially as it looks like Pedro is content in Beantown, Sexson's going to Seattle, Delgado to Baltimore, etc, etc, etc. To be honest, not such a bad thing.
I don't really mind any of that (although I would like for Minaya to get over his fascination with overpaid, over-aged Chicago outfielders), but I think that Sexson's gotten a bad rap over these last few weeks. Good defensively, huge power that's stadium proof (remember this 503-foot homer from last season?) and a good clubhouse presence. For years, the talk about him was how he was anything but injury prone, so any judgments are being based entirely on one issue (alright, two check-swing issues) from last season. I think he's worth a shot.
All in all, my opinions on Minaya are changing every day. On the one hand, I love that he's running fast enough to break down anything in his way -- I like his energy, that's for sure. On the other hand, I can't get it out of my head that we welcomed this guy like the savior without paying attention to the fact that he was there for all the Stevie Phillips shenanigans. We'll see what happens ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching for majestic chicago cubs jersey and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about majestic chicago cubs jersey

Dave

October 14, 2005 at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home